The village is situated approximately 30 Kms from the city of Ludhiana and is also surrounded by various other towns like Raikot, Sudhar, Jagraon and Mullanpur with easy access to the village by public transport(mainly Buses & Taxi) from all important centres. The closest Railway Stations are Chawnkimaan (7 Kms), Mullanpur(10 Kms) and Ludhiana(30Kms). The closest international airport is Raja Sansi International Airport, about 3 hours drive away. With population more than 5000, the village currently has three main educational institutions viz. Government Primary School, Goverment High School and a private secondary school. Beside these, a large number of students from the village study at a dozen of other schools and colleges situated in nearby towns and cities; most notably being Guru Nanak Public School, Mullanpur and Guru Hargobind Khalsa College, Sudhar.
Mera Pind Aitiana...
If we look in history, The village got its name from the name of an old person of " RAI " family. His name was RAI ANAIT KHAN.Therefore the name of Aitiana inherited from Anait Khan. While this village was built by the " RAOL " family. Village AITIANA was earlier called by the name ANAITIANA. On January 1st 1705 SRI GURU GOBIND SINGH JI saw the village ANAITIANA and was surprised to see it. On January 3rd 1705 Guru Ji went to King RAI Kalla in Raikot. The village Aitiana was built by King Rai kalla in 1708 in partnership with the Rajpoots of village Halwara. To build it he took help of persons from other villages under his area like Mahima khangooda, Mohan khangooda, Harditta, Bains, Desoo, Raghu-gahoo, Sivia. Those people who helped to make this village called their relatives and gave them land from their shares and occupied one part of land of about 12000 yards. This is the main reason that this village has people with many different surnames like Khangura, Bains, Panaych, Deol, Sivia, Sidhu, Dhaliwal, Pandher, Kular, Sandhu, Koonar , Dhesi, Johal, Sarai,Tiwana, Khaira, Mallhi, Hans, Grewal, Gill, Buttar etc. In the east side of village there is a place called Raghuana. At this place the people of Raghu family celebrate occasions like Diwali and other festivals by doing rituals and give out sweets. In 1806 Maharaja Ranjit Singh crossed the river Satluj and conquered Raikot, and by this the Kingdom of King Rai Kalla was finished . Then Village Aitiana was owned by Bawa Ran Singh Sodhi till he expired in year 1814. Then This village came under Tehsil Pakhowal of the Kingdom of Nabha.
History of Aitiana...
Census-2011 No of Households=582 Persons=3,168 Males=1,643 Females=1,525
Aitiana The Heaven
Map of Aitiana...
If you want to read all newspapers under one site then visit Punjabi News
New project started by Gram Panchayat and all villagers few months ago and it is about to be completed in a few days.... We thank all of them who are contributing in this project >>>>>
Some photos of Cricket Tournament that was held in village Aitiana last month Jan-2014